Indian citizens are eligible for the Ukrainian eVisa, the fastest and easiest way to obtain a visa for Ukraine.
The Ukrainian eVisa process is online with no need to attend an embassy or consulate in person. Once approved, the travel authorization is sent by email, ready to be used when traveling from India to Ukraine.
Before applying, Indian passport holders should check they meet all the Ukrainian electronic visa requirements detailed below.
Do Indians Need a Visa for Ukraine?
Although many countries enjoy visa-free access to Ukraine for up to 90 days, Indian citizens require a visa regardless of the length of their visit.
Fortunately, India is one of more than 50 countries now eligible for the Ukraine eVisa. The introduction of an electronic visa has made traveling to the Eastern European nation even easier.
Visas on arrival in Ukraine are no longer available, Indian nationals must apply for a visa between 3 months and 3 business days before departure.
Documents to Apply for a Ukraine eVisa from India
The basic information and documents to apply for a Ukraine eVisa from India are:
- A valid Indian passport
- A credit or debit card to pay the Ukrainian eVisa fees
- A current email address for all correspondence
Certain supporting documents are also required to accompany the application:
- Recent photograph
- Copy of the passport biographical page
- Proof of a valid insurance policy with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 or equivalent
- Document confirming sufficient funds for the intended stay (see below)
With this information to hand, Indian travelers can go ahead and complete the online Ukraine eVisa application form.
Which documents can be used as proof of sufficient funds to travel to Ukraine?
As mentioned above, a document that shows that the Indian traveler has sufficient funds to cover the entire stay in Ukraine is required to apply for the eVisa
A scanned copy of one of the following documents should be uploaded when completing the application:
- Hotel reservation or payment of accommodation and dining in Ukraine
- Voucher for tourist services
- Letter of guarantee from an inviting party stating they will cover all costs of the visitors stay in Ukraine and return to India
- Return ticket to India or country of residence
Information Required to Obtain a Ukraine eVisa from India
Indian citizens are required to complete an electronic Ukrainian visa application form. The form request a few basic personal, passport, and travel information including the following:
- Passport data: number, issue, and expiry date
- Personal information: full name, nationality, and date of birth
- Travel details: date of arrival in Ukraine
Applicants must ensure that all the information they provide is accurate. Details should be copied exactly as they appear on the passport; any discrepancies, including differences in spelling, may lead to delays or even rejection.
As with all visa applications, the Ukraine eVisa form also includes a few security questions aimed at protecting the public.
Ukraine Online Visa Application for Indians
The Ukraine online visa application for Indian passport holders is simple and straightforward. The entire process is online and completed from home 24 hours a day.
To obtain the Ukrainian electronic visa, Indian passport holders should follow 3 steps:
- Fill out the online Ukraine eVisa application form
- Pay the Ukrainian visa fees using a debit or credit card
- Submit the visa application for review
Ukraine eVisa processing is fast and efficient. Once the application is submitted it will be reviewed by Ukrainian authorities who will verify the information provided.
The approved Ukrainian eVisa is sent to the applicant by email. Visitors are asked to print a copy of the visa ready to present to border officials along with the Indian passport.
Permitted Travel Purposes with the Ukraine eVisa for Indians
The information and documents above are the basic requirements for all visitors from India. Depending on the specific reason for going to Ukraine, additional paperwork may be required.
Indians can travel to Ukraine with an electronic visa for:
- Business trips
- Private visits
- Tourism purposes
- Medical treatment
- Cultural, scientific, educational, or sporting activities
- Performance of official duties by foreign correspondent/representative of foreign media
Applicants should simply select the reason for travel from the list of options when filling out the form.
Specific document requirements based on the reason for Travel
Based on the reason selected, the applicant may be prompted to upload further supporting material such as:
- Hotel confirmation (tourism)
- Invitation letter from a legal entity registered in Ukraine (business)
- Invitation letter from company/organization in Ukraine (cultural, sports, educational activities)
Traveling to Ukraine from Indian with the eVisa
The majority of Indian visa holders fly into Boryspil International Airport in Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital. It is the country’s largest airport with the largest volume of international flights.
On arrival at the airport, Indian passengers are asked to present their Ukraine eVisa and valid passport.
How long can Indians stay in Ukraine with an electronic visa?
When planning a trip to Ukraine, Indians should keep in mind the key features of the Ukraine eVisa.
Firstly, single and double-entry Ukrainian eVisas are available. Indians should select the option that best suits their requirements.
The second important consideration is the validity of the Ukraine visa. The travel authorization is valid for up to 30 consecutive days. With one month in Ukraine, Indian tourists can plan to visit several Ukrainian cities and attractions.
To stay for longer or for alternative purposes, a different type of Ukraine visa or permit must be obtained, further information can be obtained at the Ukrainian Embassy in New Delhi.